Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Live Like You Believe

Goodbye Comfy Mazda ;(
Saying goodbye is hard, but there are things you have to let go!
Hello BIG "Neal Mobile"
 We recently "upsized" to a this 12 passenger van that we can actually all fit in our vehicle with seatbelts & with plenty of room to spare.  I didn't realize how much I'd miss my little Mazda.  And although the new van gets less mpg... we're probably actually saving on gas money, because I tend to procrastinate making trips/errands in the big beast until Jared gets home so I can use the little car.  It will be great for vacationing and I love having a CD player that works again!  The other day when  I buckled up the little kids to go on my first outing in the Neal Mobile I was feeling a bit depressed & negative about life, but the EFY CD that I got for Christmas was playing and the following words from "Live Like You Believe"  really inspired me.
"Wherever you are on the journey,
Live like you believe, live like you know, it's one sure way your faith will grow.
Listen to your heart, search in your soul and you'll find the strength that you need, his light, the gift of his peace when you live like you believe."
 I reflected on the many blessings I have----a faithful husband, healthy, beautiful children, a nice warm home, freedom, no debt (except for the house), good friends, etc...way too many to list!---

It's easy for me to get bogged down in the unimportant things in life like dirty laundry, malfunctioning dishwashers, green slime in the emergency water,  unfinished homework, unflushed toilets, overcooked meals, driving on snowy roads, crazy mornings,  less than perfect piano lessons,  runny noses, spills, fhe lessons that don't measure up to my ideals.  I love the statement "Live like you Believe" and the different ways you can interpret it.  It fills me with hope and inspires me to live as if I believe things can be better, even if they aren't right now.  I also take it as a challenge to live (happily), because I believe.  I believe in repentance, I believe the Savior can lift my burdens, I believe the Spirit can inspire me how to teach my children, I believe that even in miserable surroundings I can be happy because I know the Lord loves me and this life is supposed to be a test to prepare me for greater blessings than I could ever imagine.  And I want to live like I remember what I believe, so others can see that happiness and peace that the gospel brings to my life.

It reminds me of some of my other favorite quotes which are from President Monson's past general conference addresses.
"Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future, Live in the Present" (from In Search of Treasure)
"The Future is as Bright As Our Faith" (From Be of Good Cheer)

Which reminds me...  I have a Relief Society planning mtg tonight & am supposed to come with ideas for vinyl lettering inspirational craft ideas.  If you have any favorite inspiring wall quotes leave a comment.  The more ideas the merrier :)

1 comment:

  1. great thoughts! I want a ride in your Neal mobile - lets go on an outing!! It is so easy to let the drudgery of mom life overshadow the great things about being a mom. We should support each other more and have lunch together again - this time at my house. It always makes me happy to spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete