This fall I decided to try a new homeschooling adventure. I love learning and teaching my kids, but when they are all home at the same time and I'm juggling scouts, piano lessons, sports, etc., I rarely get the one on one time with them that I'd like. Ideally, I'd like to homeschool each child who wants to for at least a year, so I get to spend more quality time with them, accelerate their learning, and fill in the gaps that just aren't covered as much as I'd like in public elementary school like American History, Science, Music and Spiritual Morals and Values. I decided to start with Daniel. I didn't realize the significant impact it would have on me taking on a "part-time job" as learning coach and still trying to keep up with laundry, meals, housework , church callings, piano lessons, etc. It has been pretty overwhelming, and although I have had moments that measure up to my dreams, I have a new appreciation for school teachers.
Jared coached Daniel's football team the past few months, so for a kid who's love language is quality time, he hasn't been lacking for love lately :) Following is his personal story he wrote about it:
"I’ve been playing football for a long time and wanted to play
quarterback. This is
my first year getting my own position.
I play second string quarterback and linebacker for the
Cougars. Then
the other quarterback had to play for someone else, so I got to play
quarterback against the Grizzlies. We played at Ellis Elementary School. I was seven out of
nine passing. My dad was there also to coach the cougars. I had a
lot of fun passing to the wide receivers Wyatt, Ezra and Chase. I hope I get to be quarterback next
year.
Jacob got to play pads for the first time this year and he totally loved it. He was defensive end and sacked the quarterback a few times in some exciting plays. I enjoyed watching both of their games.
I'm kind of relieved that the season is over now and that there our life is not filled with practices and games every single dinner time.
Rebecca tried out for the school basketball team with some friends. She is on the B team and I am so happy that she faced her fears so she can have a new, fun experience... practice every morning and 6:45 am!

No comments:
Post a Comment