Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dead Cows

Alyssa has a natural fascination for all kinds of interesting things lately. 
She asks things like...
Mom if I was up in heaven and I was growing inside your belly how could I be in both places?
How did I get food inside you?
(We had a little discussion about bellybuttons.)
Where do our clothes come from? (We watched some youtube videos about cotton harvesting and threadmaking.)
She was completely fascinated with "The Circulatory Story," a 5th grade level Tumblebook I was watching with her the other day, even though her siblings thought it was gross.
She loves meat and one day was asking where it came from.  We had pork, so after I told her it came from pigs she wanted to see the rest of the pig.  Instead I showed her a beef roast from the deep freeze and told her they get rid of the head and bones before I buy it.  So today she waltzes in the family room with a big chunk of meat (in ziplock) and announces, "This is a dead cow mom!"
I've transferred my homeschool energy to her and I love seeing her and Josh delighted as we go through a preschool routine of songs,calendar, pledge, stories and crafts on most weekdays.  So my house is still never clean, but I'm having a lot of fun:)

1 comment:

  1. that is very funny. when Rachael learned that people use animals for meat and clothes she was later watching Bambi, and when Bambi's mother died she said," well now she's meat and clothes." so fun at this age where they start clueing into life. - Kami

    ReplyDelete