Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Facing Her Fears


 Alyssa was too nervous to count  to 10 at her Kindergarten/screening and orientation, even though she counted to 39 that morning.  But she eventually displayed some of her reading and math skills for the teacher and left clinging fiercely to my arm.
So not surprisingly,  she was not too excited for her first day of Kindergarten either. But fortunately she has a super nice, calm teacher even though all of her neighborhood/church friends were placed in the other class.  Eventually I coaxed her to stay despite her tears with a promise to go on a special outing after school and I held back my tears until after I left the classroom.  I felt so grateful for her friend Claire who played with her at all 3 recesses and her awesome big brother Dan who sat by her on the bus.  On her first day her favorite parts were the educational videos, the Pete the Cat Story and playing at recess.  Fortunately she left happily to the bus stop with her big brother Dan the next day and was perfectly behaved when I came to help at centers later.
These milestones make me reflect on the moments of the past when I held my sweet little girl and enjoyed rocking her ...


 looked at her chubby little fingers...
 and her innocent bright eyed wonder.
Back then I thought she might be my last baby, and I was saddened a bit at ending chapters in my life.
She's lucky to still have a nice helper big bro. to help her with the transition.  Instead of sitting with her friends, he sat by her Since I was a bit late capturing the bus photo, all I caught was  this pic of Dan holding her pink and purple backpack for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment