Its now official that after the school year is over we will be starting a new chapter in our lives as Jared has the opportunity to open up the LDS Family Services office in Rexburg and we will transplant our family to meet new friends, experience growth and build new memories.
I will never forget the reactions of our children when we told them the news on the last day of the vacation. There were a lot of tears (except from Jacob who embraces change pretty easily), and they each shared things they will miss... friends, football teams, ward family, piano students, walking to church, a home filled with memories. But there are also many things to look forward to... a new house, friends, ward family, educational opportunities and a temple nearby. Jared also agreed that they can have a new dog after the move which they've been wanting for years.
![]() |
| Feasting on an early Thanksgiving dinner |
![]() |
| Emily the photobomber |
After getting back form our Montana adventures we headed on the road again to attend a baptism of my niece in Utah.

Now that we've returned to real life, the reality is setting in as we make preparations to sell our home, organize and declutter. I try not to focus too much on the many things that I am going to miss about our life here as it makes the tears flow and its better to look forward in faith. We have been so blessed here by so many wonderful friends and neighbors, its hard to think of leaving. When I went to church and looked into the faces of so many people who have impacted my life for good, I couldn't hold back the tears and Josh loudly asked, "Mom, why are you sad?"
This is a great leap of faith for our family, but I trust in the feelings of my heart when I pray because if I focused on logic alone, it wouldn't make sense to uproot our large family, tear our children away from their friends and our amazing neighborhood. I know that God knows the big picture and understands what experiences and opportunities he wants me and my children to experience so that we can be refined and build a new collection of fond memories in our new home.




















Change is hard, but I am excited for Jared and for your family. I'm sure you will come to love your new home and neighborhood just as much!
ReplyDeleteI'm soooooo sad! But that just means we have to make more of an effort to still do our birthday lunches or to get together and talk. I'll miss you around here even though we didn't get together enough! I'm so happy for you guys though and your exciting new adventure!
ReplyDelete