Pages

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Alyssa's Fruity Feast

Alyssa was proud to show me this healthy breakfast platter that she created one morning.  I think I've unconsciously fostered some self-reliance skills in my children as far as food prep goes, because I really don't like to get up and make breakfast for the family. They've gotten good at helping themselves to toast, cereal or sometimes other messy concoctions that I wish I had intervened on sooner.  I remember one of my aunts sharing memories of how my amazing Grandma Knight would get up and prepare a feast for breakfast almost every morning for her 10 children including pancakes, bacon, eggs etc.  I've definitely drifted far from that tradition, and sometimes they are barely lucky enough on school days to run out to the bus with just a slice of bread and jam because they dawdled too long to make time for toasting.



No comments:

Post a Comment