Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

A cello named Watson

Emily decided to switch from violin to cello over the summer, but the local music store didn't have a cello her size to rent for several months.  Finally we just decided to get a size larger and she was so excited to start lessons.  She gave up "Makayla" her violin so she could get "Watson", the name affectionate name she chose for her cello.  I love playing duets with her and watching her progress at lessons each week.  Sometimes it makes me start choking up... especially when we play songs that I played in Orchestra as a child.  When I found an old violin arrangement of The Royal Fireworks Music and improvised a duet on the piano while she played her cello part I started to choke up as I had memories of playing in orchestra and saw the fulfillment of one of my dreams playing a duet with my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment