Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Great Movie: The Story of Ben Carson
Or... maybe its the life of Ben Carson. I am always on the lookout for a good inspiring movie. I especially love the ones based on a true story. This one was both inspiring and true. It is about a brain surgeon who was able to operate on twin boys who were connected at the head at birth. So if you get a little queasy at the sight of blood, you might have to close your eyes a few times. I love how Ben's mom was always so encouraging & reminded him of his potential. After watching the movie I thought maybe I should have majored in Microbiology. I actually considered it but my Child Development teacher was phenomenal so that swung me over to the Family Science major. I still love learning about the medical field. So if you like this movie... you'll probably like a book a recently read - The Courage of Joseph Lister. If you have any other inspiring movie or book recommendations please leave a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment