Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I Think its a Toddler Ladybug
Daniel and I were out pulling weeds in the garden this morning. He loves to use his mini shovel, even if its just for pulling weeds. He excitedly exclaimed, "Mom, look I found a baby ladybug, well actually I think it's a toddler ladybug, its too big to be a baby." I am finally reaping the harvest of all of my gardening efforts - my green beans are on! I love eating green beans. In fact, I've eaten all of the beans from my first 3 pickings. I even ate them for breakfast yesterday. I also like how my kids get to discover how we grow the food we eat. I actually find weeding kind of satisfying (except when my allergies get the best of me). Its nice to look down weed free rows. I never thought I would be saying this. I always avoided the outside chores as a child, but now I find early in the morning I can go out and be all alone with no interruptions as I weed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment