We just got done with our Family Night Activity - Rebecca's Choice: Sardines. My kids love this game. I don't know if they'll remember much from the lessons, but when they grow up I think they'll remember singing Popcorn Popping (because we sing it pretty much every week, at Emily's request) and they'll remember sardines. Jacob likes to get clever with his hiding spots - like climbing onto the teeny top shelf of our bedroom closet. But Jared beats all. Tonight he hopped on top of the pantry/planter shelf that extends over our staircase. (We have vaulted ceilings with built in shelfs hanging out.)It is a good thing that we had a reliable builder, because I would hate to be posting E.R. pictures after what would have happened if the planter shelf collapsed above the staircase. The kids thought it was great. He actually dusted up there for the first time since we bought the house. Maybe we should play sardines more often.
Good things:
Family Night
My kids have a fun dad
Memories
I didn't even touch the treats! (I am soooo motivated by money. So when I looked at my growing legs this morning I recommitted that I have got to stay away from the sugar. I made a deal with Jared. He's going to pay me for every day that I exercise and stay away from the treats. (He give me all the money anyway, but somehow when I feel like I'm being paid to be good, I can resist my cravings a little better. And there's a piano book I've been eyeing at the store that I really want but probably don't need. Now I can feel like I totally earned it.)
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, popcorn popping is a family favorite with us too. :) sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteI would have loved to see Jared up there. My husband always comes up with the best spots too. We played with my whole family one year and it took forever to find him when he put the bbq grill cover on and tried to look like the grill.....we are still laughing about that one!
ReplyDeleteHey Heidi. Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. How fun to catch up. I have loved looking through your blog. You have such a cute family. I love your idea about staying away from sugar and exercising. I need to do something like that for sure! I do not teach piano lessons. I love to play and my husband actually plays better than me. I do however teach flute lessons. Thank you for inviting me anyway! Me you and Angela should get together sometime. It would be fun to catch up with you guys! Have a great day! Erin
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun dad! Good job resisting the treats, it sure is hard!
ReplyDelete