Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Little Behind...

I had hopes of posting Thanksgiving pictures before Christmas actually came but we were having too much fun just living life. Jared took the week off before Christmas and it was so nice to have him home with us. We started out the week celebrating his birthday but decided to hold off on the true # of candles so we wouldn't be eating a wax chocolate silk cake : ). We actually went on our first date on his birthday 12 years ago so it is sort of like a birthday/anniversary/Christmas week all wrapped into one. After we cleaned up the house and prepared to head out for breakfast as a family, we encountered a few bumps in the road like...a dead battery in the van, flat tire in the car and a closed breakfast buffet. So we decided to follow the advice of a book Jared's been recently reading..." Loving What Is." We made some fun memories cramming into our little car to a pancake breakfast after pumping up the tire and I think we'll remember this birthday celebration much more than all of the "problem-free" birthdays of the past!


In between some last minute shopping Emily enjoyed some time playing at the mall.
I took all of the kids to make gingerbread houses at the library.
Emily overcame her fears of Santa enough to whisper one of her Christmas wishes to him at the ward party.
We managed to put up about 1/2 of the Christmas decor this year.... which means I only have 1/2 of it to put away now:) I guess procrastination can pay off sometimes.
We managed to squeeze in a trip to the temple with Jared's dad when were down for Thanksgiving and enjoyed visiting with him afterwards.
Thanksgiving with the whole family!




My kids had fun decorating apple turkey's with their cousins.
Kara was happy to hold Alyssa! I love this cute outfit she gave her.
Good Things:
Having a Wonderful Husband Who I Adore
Spending Time with Family
Not Having to Make Breakfast
Relaxing During the Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment