even on New Year's Eve! :)
The first time I ever saw the apple drop was when I was nearly a teenager and had a sleepover at a friend's. I guess I follow in my parents footsteps because we don't stay up to welcome in the new year. I'd rather get a good night's sleep to start out the new year feeling refreshed.
Jared & I definitely are not late night partiers, so on New Year's Eve we decided to just do fondue with our own family so we wouldn't be sending any friends home who wanted to stay up all night to celebrate the new year.
We started out with the healthy stuff... veggies in broth fondue and bread in cheesy garlic fondue. I loooooooooove the simple recipe we got from my friend Angela - cream cheese, milk, parmesan cheese & garlic seasoning.
But, I think the best part is the chocolate fondue with angel food cake and bananas.
we're definitely late nighters. I don't know how anyone couldn't stay up until midnight! oh well! I do know that everything will change when you have teenagers though.... it's a different world! happy new year! we're so glad we were able to introduce you to THE best new year's tradition!!
ReplyDelete