Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Skipping to Grandma

Yesterday when I was making lunch Emily piped up with this comment,
"I want to skip being a mom and just become a grandma."
When I asked her why she replied, "Because mom's have to do what their kids say."..............
I think she has the order on that a little mixed up!
But after being woken up 3 times last night by my cranky teething baby and then having everyone "need me" to help with breakfast, lunches and hair fixing the thoughts of skipping to grandmotherhood started sounding pretty nice.
After the older kids headed off to school I gave Alyssa a bath and she looked just so adorable discovering the fun of splashing in the water.
Too bad I can't be on the "every other day" plan............. one day a grandma who can take naps and read scriptures without interruptions, the next day a mom who can be rejuvenated enough to just enjoy those priceless moments that motherhood brings.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, you need to check out the book "The Boss Baby" from your library or look at it in the store. Emily knows exactly who is in charge!

    ReplyDelete