I was complaining about the state of my messy kitchen. Rebecca overheard me and said, "Mom cleaning house when you have kids is like eating oreos while brushing your teeth!" (She read it on pinterest). That's about how frustrating it feels for me today :)
When I offered Emily (age 4)some soft food she said "Can I eat something harder like a carrot?"
When I asked her why she said, "Because I want to lose a tooth."
The other day I found a random note on Jared's pillow in kid's handwriting. It read "Dad, your on a diet, Love Jacob." Jared's been trying to eat healthier lately - no candy and no treats in the evening but I thought that was a pretty funny expression of love/helpfulness??? by Jacob!
And a few years ago Rebecca looked at me with sincerity one day and said, "I'm not sure if you're getting pretty or getting old." I guess that's a good thing if being pretty and being old are almost synonymous in a child's mind. Maybe I'm just getting pretty old!
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment