Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Homeschool Fun

  I have a hard time scheduling in play time or fun, because it seems like there is always more housework that needs to be done. I love how homeschool gets me more involved in play with my children even though my home is definitely messier.  My favorite subjects in homeschool are history and science.
 This week we've been learning about the Ottoman empire so we dressed up and "traveled" by camel (me) to the Grand Baazar to trade our goods and check out some of the mosques in Istanbul that the Muslim Turks took over.

 Josh was not so thrilled about dressing up as Suleyman the Lawgiver.  He'd rather stay in his role as the handsome prince like he did for our Baroque ball last week :)
We learned about physical and chemical changes by making cookies and Emily keeps begging to  repeat that lesson over and over again.
I have always been fascinated by the complexity of the human body, so I'm glad Emily enjoys learning about it too.  She loves the Study Jams Math and Science videos.  We made clay skeletons.  Its always a bonus when I can find a learning activity they all can do together.

Emily was so excited to buy a set of colorful marbles and they came in handy for her solar system model.  I think one of the things she likes the most about homeschool is not having to stress about getting all fixed up early in the morning.  We get to keep on the comfy pajamas as long as we want and she actually starts and ends school earlier than if she had to ride the bus :)

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! You inspire me... Maybe I'll follow your example and do some home school with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! You inspire me... Maybe I'll follow your example and do some home school with my kids!

    ReplyDelete