One of Jared's assignments on the high council is to supervise seminary graduation. This year he Rebecca joined with us as she "graduated" from her first year. She worked hard to memorize all of the scripture mastery scriptures and involved some of the family too. I found some of them put to song online (http://lds.about.com/od/seminary/a/scripture_songs_3.htm)that helped her learn a few. She played them over and over and her little sisters learned some as well. I overheard Alyssa singing in the tub, "Learn of me and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my spirit and you shall have peace in me, D&C 19:23" and she was pleased to recite it for the family for family night all by herself.
Some of the songs are a little too jazzed up for my taste, but we did enjoy D&C 1:37-38, D&C 8:2-3 D&C 10:5. I'm so grateful my children have the opportunity to be involved in seminary. I loved it as a teenager as it was such an inspiring uplift compared to the rest of the day.
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment