Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Beep Hearts & Kid Perceptions
I absolutely love the preschool stage. I love their inquisitive minds. I love their affectionate kisses. I love their innocence. I'm not ready to have my little guy grow up yet!
Lately Josh has been kind of fascinated with heartbeats. We had this conversation a few days ago.
Mommy did you know that dogs have beep hearts?
Dogs have heartbeats?
Yah.
All animals have heartbeats
Holy crud I didn't know that!
Mommy can I sit on your lap?
Then we watch "Kids Health How Your Heart Works" which he finds very intriguing
Later in the day this is still on his mind as he randomly interjects "Donald Duck has a beep heart!"
Its no secret that I'm not too fond of our new dog.. well really pets in general. It's an addition to the family that creates more work, makes more messes, costs more money and adds more germs and does things that annoy me like chewing, digging, jumping, scratching, etc. So Joshua overheard me in a conversation with the other kids about the germs that dogs carry and how important it is to wash yourself after playing with the dog, especially before eating. Apparently he thinks the dog affects me more negatively than others.
Last week Joshua comes bounding down the stairs emphatically exclaiming, "Mom I'm afraid your going to get a disease because Lyssa let the dog go in the hallway!" (The dog isn't allowed in the house)."So don't go in the hallway because your going to get a disease."
[Jacob wants me to assure all of you that our dog really is very nice and calm. He sees things very differently than I do. He says "Star our dog has been such a blessing. She's a bulldog lab mix and is the cutest thing ever. She rarely runs off. She can just stay at our house. She is a one of a kind dog. She is so calm its almost annoying how lazy she is."]
Today after reading and discussing an inspiring story from the library about a father who was cured from his sickness after being administered to by the missionaries, Joshua said "I know that Jesus loves me." It touched my heart and then we sang "I Know that my Savior Loves Me."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment