![]() |
| Alyssa and her "husband" |
Honestly, I was not to happy at first when I came upon this next scene. Hangers were strewn on the floor with all of her dresses scattered about, because she needed a "tent" post (closet rod) to hold up her newly designed tent bed. I find that my children's desires for fun supersede their desire for me to have order in my home, so I need to learn to let go a little and remind myself that someday when they are gone my home can be filled with empty quiet clean rooms, but this isn't the season for that. I'm glad my girls have each other to play with.

![]() |
| Old Alyssa |
She and Emily tried a dance and tumbling class a few weeks ago. I brought a bunch of books to read in the waiting room with her but she was much more fascinated pretending to be her version of a cool mom sporting my sunglasses.
I ordered some school clothes for Emily from an online sale and when Alyssa found that Emily had a jean jacket and boots coming she was pretty eager to get one too. But when we went to the store, the ones she liked were a lot more pricey than Emily's and I was pretty sure we could find another one for less somewhere else or wait for a sale. I told her that "Good things come to those who wait," but she was not very convinced when I dragged her out of the store empty handed. In fact she was pretty devastated to not even get the cheap sunglasses because the line was long and we had to pick up the boys.
She didn't have to wait long. We stopped by the thrift before heading home and she was elated to find her own jacket, boots and umbrella for less than $10 for all 3! Now she wants to wear them everyday in the hot summer
I was about to find and scold the culprit who got into my sewing box and left tacks on my bedroom floor, then I saw this "painting attached to bedroom wall that Alyssa made for me. We still haven't gotten around to hanging most of the pictures in our home, so the walls are looking pretty barren. She decided to take matters into her own hands. I love how she even made duct tape frame!






No comments:
Post a Comment