

We do the best we can hibernating inside!
After some frigid cold days of weather that makes your nostrils stick like glue, it warmed up a bit so it could snow some more. It made me think of cold days serving in Minnesota and I'm grateful not be out walking in a dress in this weather.The snow was so deep on Christmas day some people had a hard time just getting a block away to make it to our church. We were so grateful for a kind neighbor who plowed our driveway with his 4 wheeler! We were running late so we fit a record 11 people all in our little Traverse to traverse a block away. I'm sure the weight of the load helped us with traction and I was so grateful that we got rid of our 12 passenger fishtailer that couldn't have handled the feat.

The best part of the break for Becca is sleeping in with no homework looming over her head! I'm so grateful she helps out with some of the cooking too.




![]() |
| EZ Bake Oven |
![]() |
| Washi Tape Manicure |


I wasn't sure whether to laugh, shout or cry when I came up the stairs and found out that he had brought in a bucket of sand from the garage onto the carpet so he could use his drill with it :( Alyssa was sweet enough to help him clean up the mess.
Earlier this month ...
I braved the cold to go see Alyssa's school Christmas program which was amazing! I loved seeing the fun choreography with Jingle Bells, hearing the kids actually sing with enthusiasm, and hearing them sing Silent Night along instead of just a bunch of songs that have nothing to do with Christmas. Alyssa, unlike some of her siblings, really seems to enjoy performing and it was fun to see her personality as she really got into the groove of the moves.
Our younger kids had a fun time reenacting the nativity at the ward Christmas party. Having the huge stage with all of their friends joining them and a large audience of adult spectators brought out the reverent side in them which doesn't usually happen when we try to reenact at our house on Christmas Eve. Joshua was so excited for his turn to rush up on stage with all of the other angels and wise men.
On Christmas Eve we chose to watch the Nativity Bible Videos since our "Mary" had already dozed off to sleep.










No comments:
Post a Comment