Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Knight Family Reunion 2017

We hosted the family reunion at our house this year and I discovered something about myself.  I like hosting 25 people MUCH more than travelling for 4+4 hours in a cramped car! I usually feel a bit of "vacation depression" as an upcoming trip approaches.  A dream vacation to me is actually staying in my own home with all of my normal responsibilities of cooking and cleaning taken over by someone else :) When a travelling trip approaches I start feeling stressed, want to back out and just stay in the comforts of my own home. Maybe its because I find cleaning my house after everyone leaves a lot more enjoyable than the stress of driving/riding in traffic and packing up all the bags.

We had a great time bowling, floating the river, playing on water slides, golfing, fishing, playing at the splash pad, 4 wheeling and trying to get the grandkids to cooperate for family pictures, eating good food and playing games.  :) I feel grateful for my family and just wish we lived closer so we could get together more often.  My kids were so excited to see their Uncle Jon who flew all the way from Texas, but he appears to be MIA... at least in the photos, due to the kidney stones he was suffering from :(  We were thrilled to see that Baby Owen is being "Promoted to Big Brother" as proclaimed by his shirt.



























Image may contain: 1 person, sittingImage may contain: 1 person, sitting, grass, child, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, child, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, sky, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, sittingImage may contain: 3 people, people sitting, child, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, standing, sky, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, people eating, child and tableImage may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people eating, people sitting, child, table, outdoor and foodImage may contain: one or more people, people sitting, pool and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting, child and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people sitting and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people sitting, people eating, table, child, outdoor and foodImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting, people eating, child, outdoor, food and natureImage may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing, tree, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, tree, sky, outdoor and nature
Our informal family talent show.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing





4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way you do every time it's time to travel. I think I become more of a homebody the older I get. But once I get to our destination I always have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have such a great time together. Thanks for all the planning, the great meals made by all, pictures, and great fun. Fun to recall memories by pictures you posted. Thanks Jared and Heidi and family for giving up your beds for several nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting and for hosting! We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome memories! Thanks for sharing these pictures and videos:)

    ReplyDelete