After Josh went to the store to pick out his very first school backpack he was eager to start school. Alyssa used her persuasive skills to convince him that the all blue backpack was much cooler than the Lightning McQueen one because it came with a water bottle, lunch bag, and pack sack for the same price.
I agreed to start a session of "summer school" the next day. Alyssa helped him pick out the perfect "outfit, insisted that she have her hair done up in "paper towel curls" and packed lunches for the 2 of them. Bright and early (well, at least to me) Joshua came in my room all dressed up to wake me up announcing that it was time for school to begin. I reminded them that school starts with recess :) and sent them out to play while I set up.
Alyssa and her friend Lizzie cut out "Number Fish" while Josh practiced his letters with Do-A-Dots. It makes my heart ache a bit pulling out these preschool supplies knowing that I don't have any more children to use them on after Josh.They really got into the "fishing for numbers game and then had fun assembling Sammy the Alphabet Snake.
Later that day they built this sandcastle outside.
But later their creativity got out of hand. I wasn't too happy later when I noticed they had brought every clean plastic cup in the house out into the sand box to build some towers!













No comments:
Post a Comment