Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Be Glad It's a Tired Busy Life
Lately I have been feeling a bit like this! I always envisioned that once my children were all in school, life would be so much easier. And during that 2 hour window when they are all gone, it is definitely a bit of peaceful heavenly bliss as I listen to BYU radio and clean up the tornado of a mess that is often left in the kitchen. But after school, the busyness never stops with the football practices and games, piano lessons, music lessons, church responsibilities, homework help and cross country and I feel exhausted by the end of the day. I love the moments that I get to spend with my kids one on one. These are a few of the moments in our busy life that I just treasure.
Attending cello lessons with Emily who intently listens to everything her teacher says.
Holding Josh in my lap on the Big Joe as we read library books together.
Watching Jacob glance in the stands for our look of approval after he catches an interception pass and makes a great run on his football team.
Going on a mom date with Alyssa or having her give me a "spa"night as she lotions my feet and brushes my hair.
Reading Rebecca's instagram together as she insightfully shares things from people that inspire her or watching her cross the cross country finish line beating her personal record once again.
Seeing Daniel throw a great pass or tell of how he hasn't missed reading his scriptures a single day since he was 11.
I just loved President Uchtdorf's talk in Women's Conference about the 3 sisters, sad, mad and glad. I can totally see myself in all of these roles at times! I can feel sad that I am not as good of a housekeeper as some of my friends, feel mad that my family creates a lot of stress for me or just feel glad that I am blessed with a most amazing husband and 6 beautiful children that I get to enjoy this crazy busy, happy life with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment