Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Pioneer Trek


As a teenager I had always wished I would have had the chance to a pioneer trek like my sister Kara. Finally this summer, I had that opportunity.  We were asked to be a ma and pa.  Originally I thought we were going to be able to have our own children in our "family" but we soon found out that we would be "parents" of other kids from the Stake that we had never met.  That upped the anxiety for me a little, but things ended up turning out well in the end.  The weather was perfect and I was so grateful to have Jared there with me when I encountered a few temporary health challenges. We had it so easy compared to the pioneers and were fed so well that most of us gained a little weight!  But I came away with a greater appreciation for the sacrifices my ancestors made to pave the way for me to enjoy the blessings of the gospel.  I imagine them as my "guardian angels" cheering for me from heaven as I hopefully cheered for them while they went through their mortal challenges.










No comments:

Post a Comment