Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Not a Farmer's Wife

Last night we had a fun family night going on a tour of the animal facilities at the local college.  I thought we'd just be seeing the baby piglets, but we saw a whole lot more.... and it's a good thing because the smell of the pigpen was so powerful I couldn't stay in for long without gagging! I was definitely not cut out to be a farmer's wife.  Apparently, we have more farmgirls than farmboys in our family though. Jacob, Daniel and I mostly kept our distance from the animals, but the girls were eager to catch chickens, pet the calves and hold the pigs. It made me think of a school assignment Rebecca brought home in kindergarten or first grade where she indicated that what she wanted to be when she grew up was "a farmer's wife."
Joshua was fearless and let the baby calve suck on his fingers.
















 

 















 Big mamma of 16 little pigs!








No comments:

Post a Comment