Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

April Adventures 2018

 Rebecca decided to join the track team this year after enjoying cross country so much.  She competed in the longer distance races and this was one of the few I could attend due to my piano teaching conflicts.

 In April we headed down to Utah for one of the most fun (and expensive) vacations ever - Lagoon!  After my piano earnings for a few years towards the trip I had anticipated to Nauvoo, I made a change of plans.  Driving and riding in the car for long distances is something I dread and I was afraid that after making the long journey across the country we might end up straining family relationships rather than strengthening them!  But I want to make this summer special since it is the last time we will likely be altogether at home since Rebecca is heading off to college in the fall. We decided to plan a series of summer fun activities a bit closer to home and this was the kickoff to what will hopefully be a spectacular summer.  After enjoying the night at Melinda's house we headed to Lagoon with our family and Dessie and ended up bringing home a new car after the trip.  The swings were the first ride Alyssa and Josh ever went on and they loved it along with all of the other rides.  Josh is quite the daredevil and thought the white roller coaster was the very best.  He would probably go on all the crazy rides if they would let him, whereas my older kids prefer to stay on the more conservative ones.  My old age has changed me and I think the delight of going is now more about seeing my kids have a good time rather than experiencing any new thrills myself, although I do still love the drop in my stomach from rides like the Ladybug and Rocket!  One of my favorite memories of the day is riding on the Ladybug with Jared which across from the egg drop that Emily and Alyssa were riding across from us.  Jared decided to have a little fun and act shout out some things across to them to make them laugh as they dropped.  I love how he still knows how to make life fun, unpredictable and exciting.

Later in April I took Alyssa and Josh to Math Night at their school.  I love these cute faced kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment