| 20 Years Together! |
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Celebrating 20 Years
Today has been a reflective day as I celebrate and look back on the 20 years of married life with my best friend, Jared. Some of the pivotal moments in our life together come to the forefront of my mind as I think about the goals and dreams we have achieved together as we experience the ups and downs of life. As we sat down and made new goals together as newlyweds and talked about our blissful dreams of raising 6 or 7 children, finishing school, having a piano, buying a home, etc. I don't think we fully foresaw the ups and downs that come with life, like Jared cleaning up my throw up when I dealt with morning sickness, becoming "parents" to 15-20 boys after just 5 months of marriage, unoffered jobs, tense driving moments, parenting challenges, juggling the varied roles in life, sleepless nights, anxieties, moves, etc. I feel so grateful to have been with him for the meaningful moments like receiving his acceptance letter to BYU, the birth of each of our children, and witnessing the details in patriarchal blessing unfold before us. I feel so inspired when I get to hear him teach and share his personal thoughts and feelings related to the gospel with me, our children and with our ward members. I love to hear his stories...he makes me laugh and cry, and he is one of the best listeners that I know! I'm so glad we get to share our lives together forever.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment