Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Strings Camp Concert


Today Rebecca had her concert for her summer strings camp. As I watched her start to play her violin in her first real orchestra, I had to try and hold back the tears. (Thanks mom, for passing on the tear genes to me.) It seems like I choke up at the drop of a hat these days. I guess that's paybacks for when I always asked my mom why she was crying in church again.
Anyway, seeing her play (and seeing my good friend from high school, Ang up there with them) just brought back a flood of memories for me of playing in the orchestra in school. I think Rebecca's favorite part though was when she got to be a part of the "prancers and dancers" act and had fun making crazy poses in time with the music. Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to the "good old days" where my responsibilities consisted of doing homework and practicing my instruments. That sounds like a lot more fun than housework and disciplining! But then I hear a song on the radio about somebody who's lonely because they just broke up, and I think I am so glad to be past the roller coaster "dating" stages. I love being married to my amazing husband.

1 comment:

  1. String camp was amazing, but I'm so glad it's over. I hope Rebecca will want to come back next year! My favorite part is the final concert because the kids work so hard and they finally get to show it! Some days it does sound nice to have no worries and just play....maybe we should be more like that!

    ReplyDelete