The first time Jared & I saw the movie "Holes" was soon after we had quit our job working as home parents at the Utah Boys Ranch - a correctional facility for troubled boys. It is a funny movie about wayward boys who are sent to "Camp Greenlake" to dig holes all day long. It says something like... You take a bad boy, make him dig holes all day and it makes him a good boy. Our boys watched the movie recently and have caught on to this concept. They keep retreating to the backyard to dig holes for fun. So my kitchen floor has been a little bit dirtier, but my boys are having fun and getting along better. But now the hole digging has come to an end. The other day Jacob came in and said, "Mom, I found this yellow pipe in my hole but I can't get it out, Can you help me?" So I went out to survey the situation and found that he had dug down to the gas line- with fortunately no damage done. He quickly filled in his hole, and therefore the hole digging has come to an end.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Digging Holes Builds Character
The first time Jared & I saw the movie "Holes" was soon after we had quit our job working as home parents at the Utah Boys Ranch - a correctional facility for troubled boys. It is a funny movie about wayward boys who are sent to "Camp Greenlake" to dig holes all day long. It says something like... You take a bad boy, make him dig holes all day and it makes him a good boy. Our boys watched the movie recently and have caught on to this concept. They keep retreating to the backyard to dig holes for fun. So my kitchen floor has been a little bit dirtier, but my boys are having fun and getting along better. But now the hole digging has come to an end. The other day Jacob came in and said, "Mom, I found this yellow pipe in my hole but I can't get it out, Can you help me?" So I went out to survey the situation and found that he had dug down to the gas line- with fortunately no damage done. He quickly filled in his hole, and therefore the hole digging has come to an end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so funny!
ReplyDelete