Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Funny Irony

I came downstairs to get something from our unfinished basement and found the (sadly) typical disarray of clutter lying about that seems to occur on Sundays while mom is napping and dad is at meetings- Popcorn kernels & blankets all over the floor by the couch, an empty cereal box some child decided to snack on, some game pieces and the vacuum. The funny thing was, next I saw some papers someone got out of my preschool files entitled "THE JOY OF ORDER AND GOAL STRIVING." I guess I still need to work on what I should have learned way back in preschool. I like order, but apparently my children don't. But fortunately, there is hope. I have gone 3 straight days without "losing my cookies" so someday soon we are going to get our house in order:0)

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate.... thankfully we have more time to become perfect huh :) and to help our children become perfect as well....
    glad to hear you're feeling better!! Hope it is permanent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundays are the worst for that........I don't know how they do it every week, but our clean Saturday house is a wreck about an hour after church on Sunday! Dave keeps reminding me that I'll miss even the messes when my kids are gone. I don't know about that, but I will miss having the happy sounds of my kids around!

    ReplyDelete