Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Emily!

Emily was so excited to turn 4 today. She's been counting down the days until her birthday all week.
10 Things I love about Emily
1. She has a beautiful smile and is generally a very happy girl.
2. She has a great imagination. She really doesn't need many toys because she can transform anything into a toy to play "house". Give her a pack of crayons, a handful of rocks, a pile of jacks and pretty soon she has transformed them into a "family" with a momma rock, daddy rock, baby rock, etc. I love to eavesdrop on her while she plays "house" with random objects.
3. She's an excited student. She has fun learning how to read, play piano and color and really seems to delight in learning new things.
4. She likes getting her hair fixed up to look beautiful and lets me be creative with it.
5. She is generous.
6. She likes to sing. My favorite lately is hearing her sing the "Sleeping Beauty Waltz" as she dances around the house. Imagine her singing "I know you I walked with you once upon a dream..." as she twirls around the living room. Thinking about it just makes me smile. It brings tears to my eyes as I hear her sing "I Know that my Savior Loves Me" on the phone with her Uncle Jon.
7. She wants to be big and is eager to try new things she sees her siblings doing. Because of this she can already read phonetically, ride a 2 wheeler, and color inside the lines.
8. She likes to answer the phone (unlike me).
9. She loves participating in primary. I loved seeing her smiling face on the front row when I was teaching sharing time.
10. She likes to pray and is usually quick to volunteer each day at family prayer times.

She had a great time playing with her friend Ashlynn today.
She had her friend party over the weekend and insisted that she must wear her princess pajamas for the princess party.
I've become a laid back party planner- I just have a bunch of ideas for games floating around in my head and we go with the flow. I think sometimes kids would prefer to just play instead of being coerced into playing the structured games I've planned in the past... so we played some dodgeball on the trampoline,
played button button who has the button, colored princess dresses (easter eggs) and a little ring a round the rosie - I think this was their favorite!

I blindfolded Emily and had her friends disguise their voices saying their favorite princess while handing her their gift. Then she had to guess who it was. She was so excited about all the of presents and the girls had a great time playing with her new dolls and tea party set.



Daniel was busy this week earning up some money doing extra chores around the house so he could surprise Emily with a couple of dolls for her bday.
Just in case you were wondering about that hand sticking out to "shock Emily"...
It was Rebecca giving Em's a last minute reminder to make a wish:)
We ended with our traditional homemade party pinata which Daniel and Emily helped me make the day before.



After all the fun was over... she opened her present from Grandpa & Grandma K.
Perfect for Emily!

2 comments:

  1. Dang she's a cutie! Tell her happy birthday from us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just a doll!! Your kids are so cute. Fun party! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog all the time :) Funny thing is, most of the time I thought you were my sister Heidi, but I just realized that it was you all this time!! Anyway, thanks~! I appreciate your awesome example as a mom.... It's a tough job, but people like you make it easier to find it enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete