

Today while I was rocking my sweet little Alyssa to sleep - because she is sick, I decided to listen to President Monson's Conference talk again. Random pictures like this were popping up on my screensaver and I couldn't stop my eyes from tearing up as I reflected on how much I have to be grateful for. My husband, my children, my parents, my piano, my new calling (as Relief Society teacher), my health, my friends, the gospel, the library, I could just keep on going....
I love this quote from his talk.
"This is a wonderful time to be on earth. While there is much that is wrong in the world today, there are many things that are right and good. There are marriages that make it, parents who love their children and sacrifice for them, friends who care about us and help us, teachers who teach. Our lives are blessed in countless ways."
Today I feel especially grateful for Jared. He truly is my best friend on earth and after having him gone for a week on a business trip I am so glad to have him back home again. I love getting to spend time with and still look forward to every date we get to go on.
Yesterday Rebecca had a tough day at school and it was great just to be able to have some one on one time talking with her. Following is a little "guest post" that I put on her (Word) blog which is now 177 pages long... what a writer!
Just a few reasons why I think Rebecca is AWESOME…
Rebecca is so good at helping out her baby sister. She is also a great big sister to her other siblings. She plays fun games with them like ghost in the graveyard, helps them out when they are sad and sometimes even reads them stories.
Rebecca has a beautiful voice. I love hearing her sing songs she has found on the internet and most of the time she likes the same types of music as I do – like Mozart’s “Rondo Alla Turca” and Mindy Gledhill’s “All the Pennies.”
Rebecca doesn’t demand much – even when she deserves it…. Like all the babysitting money that I owe herJ
When she makes a mistake, she is quick to admit it and she sincerely desires to be a good girl. Sorry you had a rough day yesterday at school ; 0( I’m so glad that I get to be her mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment