I had a good laugh after parent teacher conferences this week when I read a sample of Jacob's work.
When he was asked to write a story using all of his spelling words here is what he came up with:
"One day Wendel Floyd and Mona were walking home when they tripped and fell in a bucket. They got up and passed out. Then they got up again and said their spelling words smoke, huge, save, life, wide, come, mine, grade. Then they fell asleep. The next morning they got to school and hoped they got their spelling test. The End"
I guess he's inherited some of his dad's love for efficiency :) ! Jacob doesn't like to talk or write much, so I was surprised that his note to us about parent/teacher conferences was more than one sentence... until I read it.
"Dear Mom and Dad,
Thank you for coming to conference.
Please clean out my desk.
Please buy me a pizza and a soda and please get me a book.
Do not listen to my teacher if she said I was being bad.
Can you give me a shake or a donut?
From, Jacob"
A few weeks ago Rebecca ( who could write for hours) was complaining that her teacher expected her to write a one page scary story. "How does she expect me to write a good story that is only one page????" So she typed it up and had me widen the margins, minimize the font and change it to single-spacing so she could fit all of her ideas on one page.
But Jacob and Rebecca definitely have one thing in common... when the phone or the doorbell rings, they don't even budge. For the 2 of them its a fight for who has to get the phone - because no one wants to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Jacob hates writing as well, and the teachers complain about his handwriting constantly.
ReplyDelete