Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

School Lessons... Applied (Unfortunately)


This weekend I walked into my kitchen and found 3 or 4 long rows of mostly unripe/somewhat bruised apples and pears neatly lined up all along the length of the counter. So when I questioned the guilty party she insisted that she and her friend didn't pick any of the apples... they just gathered them off of the ground (which only had 2 apples on it the day before). But after further interrogation I discovered that the apples had a little "help" getting there. Emily just followed the instructions from this song she learned the first day of school.

"Way up high in the apple tree,
2 little apples smiled down at me
I shook the tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples, Mmm, mmm they were good!"

Good things:
Fruit trees w/ a plentiful harvest
A little Warm weather
Being Surrounded by Good Neighbors
Raspberries in our backyard
Apple Breakfast Cake
Sunday Afternoon Naps

1 comment:

  1. Too bad we didn't have the "tree shaker" to help Grandpa. When apples "smile" down at you, one simply cannot resist. We've discovered that some of those apple smiles turn out to be worm holes in disguise.

    ReplyDelete