
Mr. Potato Head - We let the kids plant half of the garden this year so we grew plenty of red potatoes and (too many) pumpkins. So despite the mounds of weeds, it was nice to find some gems like this beneath the soil.

Emily had a nursery rhyme celebration at her school and chose to dress up as a pumpkin from "Five Little Pumpkins." It was so fun to watch her singing and acting out all the nursery rhymes and alpha character songs with so much expression. Her teacher says she is a model student. She loves school and gets a little frustrated on her "off" days that I can't spend all day doing learning activities with her like her teacher does!

For Red Ribbon week Jacob tried a new 'do for Crazy Hair Day,

Rebecca dressed up for Hippie day. Later she mentioned how ironic it was that they had Hippie day as a part of the "Say NO to drugs campaign. "Aren't hippies known for NOT saying NO to drugs?."


Jared and I actually got (borrowed) a real costume this year for the couples party we went to. He was a little embarrassed after last year when everyone kept asking him what he was with his homemade "Daddy Long Legs" costume.

Rebecca's Halloween Costume Experiment

The kids were a little too anxious to rush over to the trunk or treat next door, so I had wrangle them in for some quick snapshots.

Jacob said as he was heading out the door, "I love having this monster mask. Then I don't really have to dress up at all." I think he also likes it because no one knows who he is. He'd rather remain anonymous in large group settings.
Jacob The Monster... Again:O)

Rebecca as Pippi Longstocking - sadly a lot of her peers have never even heard of Pippi

Daniel - The Knight
Dan was excited to pick out his own costume this year so he saved up his own money and bought it at the dollar store so he could use it all year long.

Emily as Raggedy Anne. I just love her smile! In the kids rush to hustle over to the trunk or treat I couldn't find the picture of Raggedy Anne to do some proper face-painting.

Alyssa the bumble bee


On the first day of November Rebecca, our food blog enthusiast lamented, "I'm so sad that October is over. We didn't make enough fun foods." But on Halloween night I did try to make some "Candy Corn Pizza" from my sister Kara's blog-which ended up being candy corn garlic bread instead.................oh so yummy!
I love the costumes! Way to go on dressing up. I still never work up the motivation to dress up. I am impressed with Rebecca's observation about hippies--how funny!
ReplyDeleteThey all look so cute! Sad that hardly anyone reads Pippy Longstocking anymore. I loved those books!
ReplyDelete