Lately I have stumbled upon new links to inspiring videos, music and audio clips that have added to my daily peace, I just wish I had known about some of these resources earlier and wonder how much more I'm missing out on. So if you have any favorites, could you share them with me in the comments?
lds.org video/audio archive
There are so many video clips that are perfect for family night or keeping Sabbath a more peaceful day. This weekend we watched a few of the old time seminary videos under the Book of Mormon tab and the kids were chuckling about the Star Trek style simulation on pride. I loved watching President Monson's life story again and I think we found where the idea for Napoleon Dynamite was born in "The Phone Call." This was a little short of "inspiring" but my kids sure found it humorous! A few of my favorite tabs (although) I haven't had a chance to explore them all are:
Bible Videos - most are short but come straight from the bible text
CES Firesides
Homefront Commercials - Rebecca loves these!
Humanitarian - makes me think of the hymn Count Your Blessings. I'd love to show some of these to my kids to go with a family night on service or gratitude.
Youth Curriculum - I love using the new youth curriculum as the basis for my scripture study because it is arranged by topic with thought provoking questions, scripture links, conference talks and these great video clips.
The District - Real Life as a Missionary
These bring back the mission memories & I like showing them to my kids so they can get a glimpse of mission life. Sometimes people aren't nice, sometimes you don't know what to say and have awkward moments, but the Spirit directs you and sharing your testimony and praying with all of your heart for others is such a blessing.
Youth Music
A variety of free downloadable music with great messages.
Just yesterday I found this treasure...
Stories from General Conference
I love it when people share stories and personal experiences to teach true principles. This site has various topics such as perseverance, sacrifice, prayer, etc. with clips of stories from conference. Today I was motivated to do better after listening to one episode on sacrifice that had a story about a crippled man who sacrificed to help a blind farmer who was on the verge of losing his farm. Wouldn't this make a great way to end the day with "bedtime stories" for the kids?
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment