Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Compost Experiment

Honestly, I've never really been a big fan of scouting.  I don't care for all of the costly awards and uniforms, and I love the more spiritual focus of the Young Women Personal Progress program.  But lately I've really been enjoying helping Jacob with various merit badge requirements.  We planted a few rows of peas, spinach and onions in the garden and its finally warm enough they're starting to pop up.  Last week he made a compost bin from a trash can and loved using the drill.
It makes me smile seeing him in this "Underarmour"sweatshirt that he earned up the money to buy when it finally went on clearance.  He loves nice clothes and is a pleasure to shop with because he gets so delighted about "good deals" and also patiently waits for me when I am looking for things.  He is also so expressive about his gratitude when I take him places.


No comments:

Post a Comment