Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend Performances


 This week felt like a whirlwind with so many activities to end the school year.  Joshua often says 'I'nna come" with tears in his eyes as the kids head off to school.  This week he spent plenty of "nap"time at the school.  I taught a music lesson and played a Music Cranium game with Daniel's class on Wednesday and Jared met me there to play with the two youngest.  On Thursday we headed to Jacob's State Float Parade. Emily auditioned for the second grade talent show and was chosen as one of the top performers in her class. On Friday, for the final number in the talent show, she played "Green Frog Hop" and a piece called "The Acrobat" and then did a back walkover before heading offstage.  She reminds me so much of myself at that age in her desire to do things perfectly.





  Jacob headed to a scout overnighter while the rest of the kids performed at my annual piano recital.  Although Alyssa was too scared to announce her pieces, I was pleased that she overcame her fears and successfully played a couple of short duets with me for her first real recital which I wish I had caught on video. 

 

After enjoying some ice cream floats, we headed off to Rebecca's choir concert which sounded amazing.  It was a long day, especially for the little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment