
Alyssa loved playing the sand outside our camper. I'd like to say that it was the best vacation ever... but the truth is that for me
A day of stress(packing and prep) + 2 nights with poor rest = A mom who's a mess!
Alyssa left her shoes
at home and unpacked her swimsuit from her bag the day before we left. I let it (and other little issues) stress me more than I should have. We had plans for another trip to Bear Lake this weekend, but revamped them and decided to stay closer to home where we can sleep in our own beds and not worry about the safety of our little wanderers. I love seeing the kids reminisce about the good times we had after the vacation, but whenever I approach a vacation with the family on the calendar I tend to get a case of "Vacation Depression." Maybe next time if I change my mindset and think of it as a"Service Project" I'll be less disappointed with the results.





It's a case of the "unmet expectations". You're so like me. Since I've experienced sending my kids out the door first I have learned that none of those things matter. They cause a little stress, but the moments we have with our kids (even when they're dirty and shoeless) are so priceless. They really don't stay around forever. It's so much easier to let things go for me now.
ReplyDelete