This weekend we hosted another "ball" at our house. The advice of my mother to play more and let the work wait keeps ringing in my ears when faced with a choice, so despite my messy kitchen and heaps of laundry, I gave in to Emily's request to have a late night party and let the dishes wait. She eagerly brought up my fine dishes which are a pretty meager assortment (a fancy glass bowl, 1 goblet, a glass cake platter/punch bowl). Alyssa ran in my room to pull out my long white dress that I bought the year we got married. I turned on some Mozart and we took turns dancing with Prince Jared (Josh) and then dined on mint muffins and veggies that Princess Kathryn and Nicole helped me make.
They scampered out the door half dressed in the cold after 10 pm to "leave" the ball, which I imagine looked a little interesting to the neighbor across the street who happened to be outside. Good times:)
The mint muffins were an interesting surprise. I actually was making poppyseed muffins, but I grabbed mint extract instead of almond on accident and smelled my mistake the second I dumped it in. They actually tasted really good... maybe I'll substitute a little cocoa for the flour next time.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment