Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dan the Man

 Daniel is the first of our kids choosing to run for Student Council.  Rebecca doesn't like the limelight.  Jacob considered it, but when he realized he'd have to submit an essay to run and his best friend was running for the position he desired, he chose to support him instead.
With the crazy schedule at our house due to football season, his campaign took a backseat and he ended up staying up late nights to prepare his skit, speech and posters.  Emily was a real sport and helped him lip sinc his speech while dancing and wearing some crazy wigs.  We prerecorded her singing to a modified version of "What Makes You Beautiful."
"Dan is so kind, and helpful too.
You can depend on him to stick up for you.
Everyone else in the school can see it.
Everyone knows that it's true.
When you think Treasurer Vote Dan the Man
He is a super awesome Viking Fan
When you think Treasurer Vote Dan the Man
He's a super Viking Fan."

Someone who he didn't know came up to him later in the day and said "Are YOU Dan the Man??"
He was pretty elated when he found out that he won, and after his first Student Council Mtg, he reported that he actually will have to do a lot of counting for Red Ribbon Week.  I'm glad he has this opportunity as I have fond memories of being Elementary Student Council Secretary even though it marvels me to think I even had the desire to run as a young child because I was super shy.   But I won with the slogan  "I'll be the best Knight Writer" in the school.  I'm pretty sure it was the black "Knight Rider" car that I sent down the aisle that swung the boy vote in my favor.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Tell him congrats! None of my kids will even consider running. Maybe Rachel will be our first.

    ReplyDelete