I'm kind of a peculiar woman. I really don't like shopping at all. And the city doesn't carry much appeal for me either. So despite the recommendations from several friends to visit Pike's Market and some other famous attractions in Seattle, I was completely content to instead enjoy the natural beauty of the beach thanks to Jared's brother Joshua who chauffeured us around to check out some beautiful scenery and enjoy peaceful conversation.
I also thoroughly enjoyed the plane ride. I have only been on a few plane trips and the last one was nearly 20 years ago when I returned from my mission. Looking out the plane window is fascinating for me as I get to marvel at the grandeur of God's marvelous creations from a different vantage point. I love the checkered farm fields, the mountains jutting up in the sky and hovering over the top of the clouds instead of looking up at them. I love the feeling of my stomach sinking as the plane lifts off. It makes me feel like a kid again experiencing an amusement park ride for the first time.
The first day I had plans to do a little family history, read some inspiring books, browse piano blogs and maybe even add to my own personal history, but the family history just sucked me right in and the time flew by as I delved into it almost all day long. We spent the evening "Riding the Ducks," as we enjoyed a fun,
Fortunately Jared's training was in the stake center adjacent to the temple, so I was able to enjoy some peaceful sessions there.
Jared's mom spoiled me by not only watching our kids for the entire time while we were gone, but also cleaning out my filthy pantry and organizing some of my cupboards and drawers. She even planned a super memorable family night for the kids and I felt so grateful that I could trust my kids were in good hands while we were gone. I'm looking forward to another training next year!





No comments:
Post a Comment