We enjoyed going to Jacob's choir concert last night. He has an awesome voice that we hear when he occasionally breaks out into song at home. But he totally hates performing so he's pretty excited to replace choir next year with a bunch of Teen Living electives and enjoy cooking, sewing, and learning about various careers, although I doubt he's thrilled about sewing. Jacob has worked super hard in the school this year. His writing style makes me smile. He likes to make people laugh. He now gets to be tortured by headgear 14 hours a day, but he has done well and took this photo to show off his new apparatus in a crazy way :)
His peers get to be entertained by his fun twists on projects he is assigned at school. This is one of his latest works. He was asked to write a story about the travels of a drop of water through the water cycle. I'm sure my version would have bored the class to death, although it would have had correct grammar and organization. I love his creative spin on a not so exciting subject.
The Blue Traveler
Hello
my name is Tim Tebow, but I just go by Timmy. I am a water droplet and am
currently in the state of freezing in a glacier. I’m not very happy being a
glacier. It is really discomforting to have the glaciologists always hammering
against me. It’s very boring, I’d much
rather be in an ocean where all the sea creatures are but I know someday I
will.
Well,
I lost my girlfriend Ezzie through percolation as she melted into a space
of
rock and slipped beneath the ground to hang out with some rocks. But hopefully I will find her tiny pore space
to be with her again before a hydro geologist gets his eye on her or she gets
pulled into a plant through transpiration. But it’s been three years so I have
actually started to thaw and I think I can finally join a lake. Holy smokes,
I’m sliding down the glacier and I might just end up in an ocean.
I’ve
finally melted into a liquid and dropped beneath the surface of the earth and I’m
now ground water. This is very interesting, I’m stuck floating around beneath a
bunch of rocks and guess what, and I’ve made a friend. His name’s Jerry Berry
he’s a fish. He died miserably as he got caught by a hook. I cried, but that’s because I’m a water
molecule and I’m kind of like a tear. I have
some great news here. Whoa, I’m starting to see some sunshine again.
We
must have descended into a lake. Wow this is amazing I am in a lakeeee!!!! In this lake I meet another friend whose name
is Fred. He’s a fish and he talks funny, but that’s okay. He’s still very nice, and did I mention he
smells of body odor badly, but I’m getting used to it. Well it feels nice and
warm here. Wow I just got picked up on some guys swimming trunks, so I might
evaporate. That will be an uplifting
ride.
I’m going up in the air. I believe I’m going
to be in a raincloud. I’ve never supposed I would be living a cloud. I’m high
in the sky now, but it’s a shame I lost my friend. I must remember I’m a water droplet, and I travel
all the time now I meet multiple droplets on my travels. But wait, I see
someone familiar. Goodness it’s my sweetheart Ezzie. We are very excited. We met at the glacier where
we had a lot of great times. She’s astonished.
We can’t be happier. I really
enjoying being in the clouds. I’m hoping I’ll stay here for a while.
It’s
been about a month but I’m getting worried there’s a thunder storm approaching
so Ezzie and I stay close. We don’t want
to leave our heaven in the clouds. Finally the storm stops and we’re safe. That
was a close call. I was almost dead meat
pot roast. During these happy golden
years I hope I can always be with Ezzie, but the time may come when I can’t see
Ezzie for another year or century. But
that’s alright. For now I’ll enjoy the golden years up here in the heavens.
Oh crap! It starts to rain again yikes. I cling to Ezzie. Ahhh, I’m precipitating as we plummet towards
the ocean sticking together. The meteorologist is going to love this. Ezzie I can’t believe it we’re in the sea.
It’s very amazing. At least I get to see in the ocean. It’s my ideal place. There are so many
creatures. I have found a new the friend her name is Sprinkle Tuesday. She’s a magical unicorn that can take breaths
underwater but the she’s manage to stay hidden from the wildlife biologist.
Hopefully she won’t decide to drink me up because I don’t want to become a part
of urination. Fortunately I’m still here
and it is still fascinating floating around but now it’s been three years. I know I’ll be out of here someday but for now,
Adios until I see you somewhere else in the water cycle.


This is better than Harry Potter, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Superman all in one. Better get this published so you can be the famous Rain Master of the Universe. Loved it!
ReplyDelete