Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

Homeschool Highlights

Emily loves the hands on learning projects we do for homeschool (Sculpting Landforms).  I love their sweet expressions in this pic.


I couldn't find colored pipe cleaners so Emily was happy to use Halloween candy instead for her Model of a Neuron.
A new family with girls her age moved into our ward so we planned a fun day  full of music and science homeschool fun. After playing Music Jenga, grand staff Uno and composer old maid they did some solution science experiments and marker chromatography.
But my favorite parts this week have been curling up in a blanket to read Sarah Plain and Tall and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.
One of our latest fun discoveries is the Ted-Ed youtube videos.  We definitely couldn't miss watching the benefits of playing a musical instrument :).  But I also find the science topics especially intriguing

A few other favorites



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till Rachel is old enough to enjoy Sarah, Plain and Tall with me. Love that book!

    ReplyDelete