A few weeks ago Emily had a totally fun mother daughter activity days etiquette dinner to cure us of all of our "wicked" manners. I think she now remembers more about setting the table properly than I do. The grotesque looking spaghetti noodles were deceivingly scrumptious!
While we ate, we were taught about proper manners. It brought back memories of my first night in the mission home eating dinner. I was sitting next to our mission president's wife and she remarked, "I think the elders really need to watch the etiquette video after dinner." I was super self-conscious after that about my every move at the table as I don't claim to have the most refined manners. I drink my milk and soup from my bowl at home, because although it may not be polite, its more efficient. I butter my roll straight from the butter plate, because I don't like having to clean up the grease on every plate. And although I don't often lick my plate, I clearly remember crouching down behind the counter after dinner when we had company as a child, because I wanted to lick up every morsel of sweetness from my dessert plate clean, even though I knew it wasn't proper :)
Friday, November 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment