
Rebecca amazes me with her persistence in doing hard things! She decided to join the cross country team after spending summer mornings running with Jared. Its been a huge blessing as she's had the opportunity to meet some great friends while staying fit and pushing herself to the limit.

I feel a surge of emotion when I watch my kids do new things. Jared rarely cries, but this day did it for him even more than watching the boys football. I love how supportive and involved he is with our kids. As I watched her take off for her first race, I had a flashback of dropping her off for her first day of Kindergarten as my shy little girl headed off to her new adventures in a new town just after we had moved to Idaho. I love to see how much she has grown and is willing to step outside of her comfort zone to challenge herself and reach out to others. Moving has been hard, but I also think it has pushed her to new levels as challenges often do. She had fun on her FCCLA adventures this summer as she competed in Food Innovations with her high fiber "Fiberry Flapjacks" entry and is seriously considering a Nutrition and Foods or Dietetics Major in College. After many visits with the school counselor and her persistence to keep going back until she could talk with individual teachers, she was able to get into the "FULL" Nutrition and Foods Class and is excited to serve as FCCLA VP at her new school. I love how her passion for healthy eating is paying off for me at home because she wants to take over more of the cooking.



Way to go Becca!
ReplyDelete