When I was in 7th grade, my family moved to a new state and started school a few days late. It was a hard and awkward transition at first. I was so grateful for Joanne Decker who volunteered to share a locker with me, a complete stranger, when she could have chosen to have a locker all to herself. I was praying my kids would meet kind people like her who would make this new start a little easier for them. I think all of the kids were both nervous and excited for school this year. Luckily they all get to ride on the same bus that picks up in front of our house!
 |
| Junior |
Rebecca's new school adventures this year include Cross Country, Child Development, Food and Nutrition, Journalism FCCLA VP plus a lot of rigorous courses that she really pushed to get in (AP Govt, AP LitCollege Anatomy and Physiology, Human Biology and Stats). I am so grateful for her counselor MiKelle Barney who helped her get into some of her "full" classes and put up with our persistent phone calls, emails and visits. She was answer to prayer. I think Rebecca would jump right into college if she could do it with friends her own age! I'm hoping she'll take a little time to relax in high school instead of waiting until college like I did.
 |
| 8th |
Jacob is super excited to get to take Athletic Conditioning 2 times in a row. He definitely got that desire from his father and not his mother! The bus ride home is super long because they drop off a lot of the rural routes before our stop, so Jacob made another plan. He walked home, took off his shoes to cross the shallow part of the river, and got home at least 30 minutes before his siblings who rode the bus.
 |
| 6th |
Daniel chose to be a part of the Advanced Math Team and also hesitantly joined the band putting Jared's old saxophone to good use. The first week was a bit intimidating since he has never touched a sax in his life and most of the other kids played in the band last year. Luckily he learned a few basics from youtube tutorials and now has the notes BAG FED down.
 |
| 5th |
Emily jumped right in to Middle School and gets to play the violin in Orchestra. The first day's lunch was a bit sad for her because she couldn't find her friends to eat with, but she made friend's with "Hope" who is another new girl in her class. She was super anxious about having to switch classes during the day but was grateful to find that they don't switch as often as she thought.
I remember my first week I was so shy that I didn't know the kids in most of my classes. I accidentally skipped 6th hour and went to 7th and then headed for the bus. When no one was around I realized something was wrong and discovered I had completely forgotten my reading class and had to sit through the exact same 7th hour lecture with my real class. I felt mortified when I went to apologize to my reading teacher that I totally forgot her class, but she was so kind.
 |
| 1st | | | | | | | |
| Alyssa was lucky to get her friend Hadley in her school class and her favorite part is still recess! I love how she takes the initiative to pack her own lunch, even if it may be a bit nontraditional looking. The first morning she showed me what she had put in her backpack for lunch the night before and asked if it would be okay. I'm so glad she asked. She had packed her own homemade lunchable container of wheat thins shredded cheese and chopped lunch meat which sat in her bag all night. The night before I had explained to her that her teacher expects first graders to be responsible to pack their own snacks, so she went the extra mile and added lunch to the fruit snack box I gave her. |
 |
| Preschool |
Luckily I still get to have Josh home with me. It's heavenly just reading books together, going to
Let's Play Music and outings to the store and seeing the house stay clean for at least a few hours in a row. Soon he'll get to go to preschool with Rebecca as his teacher for part of her Child Development Class, but for now I'm eating up all the time I get to spend with my last child at home. Today he drew a picture of himself on his leg, with blue eyes!
No comments:
Post a Comment