Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Little Things....Parking Lot Lunch Date


I love to stay home! Before I had kids I always envisioned I would be that mom who helps out with the PTA regularly and volunteers in the classroom every week, and I have enjoyed helping with centers in each of my children's kindergarten classrooms.  But now that I've tasted the pleasure of daily solitude when all my kids are at school,  I really cherish the peaceful time home alone when I can listen to inspiring music without kids changing the radio station to something less "boring" or clean the house without them making messes faster than I can clean them up. I fill my bucket with family history research and piano teaching plans and the time just flies by.
But one day after a particularly difficult evening, I had an impression that I should take Alyssa out on a lunch date the next date.  At first I resisted the thought but then decided to follow the prompting.  I can't remember the particulars of the stressful evening, but this scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants comes to my mind. "[Reprove]betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then [show] forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;"
 I thought lunch was only 20 minutes so I grabbed her a fast food surprise and picked up some colored modeling clay at the dollar store and I totally surprised her at school when I came to pick her up because I never do that (except for dentist appointments)! After eating lunch we sculpted some little animals as we talked and made a unique memory.  This little outing made a big difference in how the rest of the week went and I was grateful to spend some quality time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment