Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Best Day of the Year!

 Joshua was super disappointed to be sick and miss the 100th day of school which according to him is "the BEST day of the year!"  He had been feeling fine the night before and had almost had Jared shave his head bald to celebrate it in a crazy way.  I was very relieved that I had convinced him gray hair with his traditional cut would be better because he woke up with the flu and was in tears that he had to miss his school party.  I promised him that we could host our own 100 days party that weekend with his friends if he was feeling better.  But as the weekend approached, since I'm closer to 100 than ever before... I forgot until Saturday afternoon when he reminded me of my promise.   I made a quick trip to the store for fruit loops and rounded up my kids and their friends for some impromptu 100s day fun.

He started out the party wearing Rebecca's medical boot but soon discovered that walking with a limp is not much fun.  It's definitely harder to get around being old!



 
The kids and their friends had fun making 100s fruit loop necklaces, keeping their balloons in the air for 100 seconds and when the Pass the Pigs to 100 Points got too long for them, we reverted to Sorry Sliders.













No comments:

Post a Comment