I stumbled on this site while looking for a song to play on my violin for Christmas in church. There are a lot of inspiring messages and songs, but I think this was my favorite one today. It made me cry, but it seems like it doesn't take much to do that now that I'm a mom. The only thing I really don't agree with is the part about not buying practical things. Practicality just runs in my blood and I don't mind it. It probably saves me a lot of money :). I really liked the part about inviting friends over even if the carpet has stains. I just cleaned ours this week, but I think some of those stains will never come out. I make plenty of plans to have friends and neighbors over for dessert or games or double dates but it has been a really long time since I've actually done it.
Good things:
I didn't get the swine flu - just a mild case of the flu
I got better in time to watch my kids sing in the Primary Sacrament Presentation today
Rebecca is old enough to make me breakfast when I'm too sick to do it
My husband washed all of the dishes even though he was kind of sick too
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful message. I need to be reminded about things like that more often! I am sorry to hear you've been sick. Glad it wasn't the swine flu!
ReplyDeleteI think you people ave gotten used to the fact that when the computer says Heidi posted a comment on her own blog, it ussaly (oh I hope I spelled that word right) isn't Heidi, it's her daughter Rebecca. Can you guess who is talking/typing/writing right now? That's right. It's me! Rebecca! Now let me tell you about what I thought of the post/blog/website thingy. It was inspriational. Well not really. The only things that really inspire me nowdays is candy and how much money I have in my savings for collage and a house. My favorite part about it was the thing about sitting on the grass with your children and not worrying about grass stains. It's kinda' sad that the lady who wrote the stuff's (I think her name is Erma Bombeck)candle melted on storage before she got to burn it. I also like the part about not worrying about dirt whenever someone wants to light a fire in the fire place. Well that's all I wanted to say. WAIT! That's more I want to talk/write/type about. Is the post my Mom wrote boring? Because there's only 1 comment well 2 now that I've written one (maybe tomorrow I'll be wromg about there only being 2 comments cuz' you might write one). Okay this time I wrote/typed/said all that I wanted to write/type/say.
ReplyDelete