Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Night at the Movies + random happenings

Our family has lately discovered the fun of YouTube. Since our antennae is too wimpy to pick up any TV even w/ a new converter box, we've had to resort to new forms of entertainment. My boys want to listen to Miley Cyrus "The Climb" and Taylor Swift - "You Belong with Me" and watch the BYU football highlights. I wish I could video Dan's version of You Belong with Me sung with his cute raspy voice. I love watching fun and amazing piano performances. Tonight we found some fun clips from Mormon Ads and Mormon Messages. This one by Gordon B. Hinckley about lessons taught to him by his dad as a child was my favorite. It made me cry - but that doesn't take much these days.
Other Good things this week:
Its amazing how much technology can bless our lives. In fact, today while I stayed home sick from church, I was able to hear the entire Sacrament Meeting with a little hearing aid device checked out from the library. I was so grateful because the speakers were Dan's primary teachers and their talks were just what I needed to hear. I was reminded of the blessings in my life - like 2 kind friends who surprised me with dinner this week when I felt too sick to make anything decent for the family.

Daniel surprised me this morning by bringing me breakfast in bed. He had gotten himself all dressed up for church in his suit and came in with a bagel with cream cheese for me. He said he wasn't quite sure how to do it but he tried. His hands were a bit messy with cream cheese, because he spread the cream cheese on the outside of the bagel, but his gesture of kindness just touched my heart.

Rebecca has been getting up earlier than Jared & I lately. This morning I could hear her sweet animated voice through the heat vent as she read stories to Emily. She will be a great mom someday.

Jacob has been so motivated to read this week ever since he discovered that he can earn up enough points to by a football at the A.R. store. I'm grateful for his school teacher Ms. Sanders who really seems to have a gift at inspiring great readers.

Jared & I went to a Jazz Bands concert for our date this week. It made me think of my dad and how he inspired me to appreciate all kinds of music. It was also so nice to have a break from the stresses of life. I am so grateful to Jared who has really been carrying the load for me while I've been so nauseous. I couldn't have married a better man.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get feeling better soon! I am glad your family and friends are helping you. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same problem with our tv...we get one channel that's fuzzy! I don't even miss it - especially since I can find anything I want to see on the internet! I'm so sorry/glad that you are feeling crummy. When you start feeling better we should really do something fun. I need a good girl's night out! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving....and that you will be able to enjoy some of the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kami wants us to go to ND and do some work at her house. Yours might be kinda on the way. If you would like to talk to Alan about it, he could let you know if he would be able to. If you click on the American Legacy link on my blog or go to americanlegacycontracting.com, you can get his phone number and talk to him.

    ReplyDelete